Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Custom Sizes Vs. Stock Sizes

Had a client come in today and request a "funny" size, i.e. a size we don't regularly make. I've blogged about custom sizes before but its worth mentioning again here. He remarked that the price seemed high as compared to smaller stock sizes. I gave him my usual response (which is actually true and not just a sales pitch) of "I'd rather make the stock size and charge less than make the custom size and charge more". He looked at me skeptically but ultimately accepted the price.

Custom sizes screw with the effecient TQM process we employ here, often casuing blips in the production process that filter out to other clients. Custom sizes are an important part of the business, so we should probably work on maximizing the efficiency of producing them so that they don't clog the production process.

No comments:

Post a Comment